Monday, August 9, 2010

Turkey Tuna Salad

Don't scoff until you try it.

The other day I decided to make a bowl of turkey salad using
a can of white meat turkey and politely screwed up and got
way way too much mayo in it and needed something to thicken
up. Then I remembered I had a few pouches of tuna I was going
to rotate into my Bug Out Bag later and said, Why not?

Beleive it or not, it was pretty damned good too...


The recipe...

One can of turkey, all white meat
One pouch or can of tuna, your preference
One medium onion
Enough pickle to be about the same mass as the onion, the
kind of pickle is up to you. (I like Kosher dill but I'm
loony,)
Two hard boiled eggs
Mayonnaise and mustard to taste (Usually enough to bind
the other ingredients together)

Chop the onion, pickles, and eggs finely and mix with the
other ingredients and stick in the fridge until it's cold.

Serves... Phffft, I have no idea!

The mustard is an optional ingredient, I like because it
offers a nice tang to the salad.

No comments: