Monday, August 9, 2010

Pimento Cheese and Ham Spread

I noticed the price of Pimento Cheese spread a few days
ago and decided it was getting a bit too high for my liking.
And I love this stuff!

So I did some experimenting the other afternoon...



These measurements are approximate..


4 ounces of Velveeta or equivalent
1/2 cup of finely shredded cheese, I prefer Mexican style
3 tablespoons of sliced or finely chopped pimento
3 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapeno pepper (Optional)
3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 can of chunk ham

Warm the Velveeta until soft in a microwave, about 1 minute
if it is cold, don't let it melt completely though. You want
it just soft enough to make stirring it easy. Add the finely
shredded cheese, ham, pimento and peppers, and mayo and stir
it's until well blended. Then refrigerate until thoroughly
chilled.

If you want it creamier, you can add more mayo this will
also make it a little easier to mix.

And I have no idea how mnay servings it makes. LMAO

No comments: