Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday afternoon ramble

Yah yah yah, another one of my rambling blog entries so read at
your own risk…

I stumbled across a couple of articles the other day and posted them
in the forum that struck me as showing the extremes we have in the
U.S. One about a man who entirely gave up money and is living quite
happily in a cave and the other about yuppies paying hundreds of
dollars for clothes and hairdos that make them look like they are
“poor”. So, looking like you’re flat broke with an iPhone jammed
in your ear is fashionable? :wacko:

Mmmkay…

After I posted these two I started looking around the site I found
them on and then it struck me,I was looking at a yuppie magazine.
One of the other articles I passed up was discussing going on a
“recession splurge”. In this case blowing money on stuff like
$100 bottles of scotch… Not to enjoy but merely to get drunk
on. (If I read the article correctly that is.) :loco:

And there are people in the states that wonder why people in other
nations act like we’re all idiots. Gee, I wonder why they might
get the impression we’re all rich materialistic whining slackwits.

Moving right along…

Today I got an email that made me kinda shake my head in wonder.
It was basically an invitation to join a new social networking
site for gamers. (As a general rule, I have little use for or
interest in social networks.) It would have been nice had they
taken the time to look around The Bastion before typing it up
though. They started out with the erroneous statement that they
noticed I was a member of several gaming webrings.

No.

The Bastion belongs to two webrings. beast’s Anarchy ring and the
one I made. Neither of which are gaming rings.

:sigh: :chuckle:

I tried to register an account there earlier just for laughs but
when I tried to finish the registration process it told me my
session had timed out, after spending all of ummm.. five minutes
typing up the profile information. :rofl: Maybe I’ll try again
later… or not. :dunno:

I’ve also been pondering doing a few odd things around the site.
Like, taking the store offline for about a month so I can do some
“renovations” to it. Right now I have quite a few odds and ends
scattered around the net and they aren’t selling due to our lovely
economy and I have been seriously thinking about moving all of it
to The Trading Post to get it all under one roof so to speak.

I’m still slowly adding new game modules to XMD but haven’t had
much time (or energy) the last couple of days to do anything major
yet.

Speaking of lacking energy, I am slowly getting better. One thing
I never heard anyone mention before about chemotherapy is that it’s
side effects last a good deal longer than you might care for. In
my case, a general lack of get-up-and-go. However, as I said, I am
improving. The fact I have the energy to write this blog entry is
evidence of that. ;) Maybe in another couple of months I’ll be
back to something resembling what passes as normal for me.

Ok, I think I’m done rambling for now. lol

No comments: