Monday, June 8, 2009

Midnight madness… or ( the I am bored out f my skull entry)

Is it physically possible to be bored out of your skull?

:unsure:

I’m not sure but I just looked over and waved at myself.

:blink:

So I’ll assume it is possible…

Or sumpin’… :loco:

At any rate…

I’ve gone all this time and not posted much of anything lately
and decided it was time to get off my butt and make some effort
at being remotely entertaining, as opposed to being remotely
viewed. :unsure:

In a way I kinda fibbed about not posting anything, I have been
working on a little idea I had about updating the XOOPS modules
I have made so people using higher resolution monitors could play
the games with greater ease. Most game sites still have their
games set to 640 x 480 which is kinda tiny on newer computers
and would probably look like pure crap on the newer wide screen
jobs. I’ve still got an old fashioned CRT type monitor and run
it at 800 x 600 as a general rule. So I had the idea to start
adding higher resolution versions of the existing modules.
800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 to be exact. I checked them on my
computer’s highest resolution and they looked just dandy. :D

I’m still working on more of them but it is fairly slow going for
me still. i.e. I get tired fairly easy thanks to the lovely side
effects of chemo… :sick: no barfing or anything radically
gross just tired and losing hair. (All I need now is a bag of
cherry suckers, if you don’t get it ask someone over 35 to tell
you about Kojak.)

If you want to take a peek at the higher res games just click the
XOOPS Module Development link on the left menu. ;)

Go on, you know ya wanna…

What?

Aww, shut yer face! You’d be pushing it too if you got the idea
at three in the morning too. :neener:

It occurred to me that I missed posting any site news last 25th.

Oh, well. Feces occurs. I doubt that it matters all that much
since I didn’t really do anything major last month anyway.

Right now I still have lots of ideas bouncing around that I
haven’t had the time or energy to implement or even really play
with, in no particular order…

Update the games in the game room using my higher resolution
games idea from XMD.

Take the time to strip out all the Google Ad code that is taking
up space around the site.

*bitch* *grumble* *complain* *wax sorely pissed*

I’ve been playing with the idea of opening a dedicated arcade
site using XOOPS as it’s base but haven’t decided if it would
be worth the investment of time and money yet. After all, I’d
have to buy a new domain name for it and hosting separate from
The Bastion and I am just not sure if I am up to fooling with
such a project just yet. That and I don’t have nearly enough
game modules made yet to make it worth the effort…

Which, of course, means I just talked myself into it… :lmao:

*Shadows runs in a tight circle screaming and yelling like his
hair caught fire and his ass is catching* :frantic:

Oh, what the Hell, While I have got the idea in my head I may
as well lay out a few ideas for it in advance (If nothing else
someone might read this and “steal” the idea, so I may as well
give them a decent framework, right? LMAO)

Proposed XOOPS based arcade lay out and general “floor plan”…

Forum
Integrated Flashchat
Site News
User Submitted Videos via CVD’s excellent Video Tube module
Links to other game sites (Hey, why not, right?!?)
And of course…
The Games! :woohoo:

The full gory details TBA… ;)

Anything else? :dunno: That would depend on how well it is
received in general.

When do I propose to do this? Damned if I know.. :rofl:

Will it have ads? Probably but only one or two small text
style block ads like I am using at The Bastion now. Most sites
overkill on the ads IMHO.

Have I lost what little mind I had?

Probably.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*COUGH*

*GHAK*

Euuuwwwww….

I don’t remember eating that… :ohshit:

Errr…

Gotta go…

bye now. :AAAA:


No comments: