Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Katie Couric interview with Sarah Palin

Let me state again for the record that I hate politics…

However, I feel the need to say a few things regarding this
little matter. I just got through reading about the latest
part of the interview at Digg and they are politely mocking
her into oblivion.

Normally Katie Couric is not one of my favorite journalist
but I have to give her credit for being extremely professional
during the parts of the interview I have seen so far. A lot
of journalists would have been picking their teeth with the
legs of Palin’s eyeglasses after they finished chewing her up
and spitting what was left back onto their plate. She’s lucky
that Tim Russert passed away, he would have eaten her alive
and never broken a sweat doing so.

I have seen people commenting on various sites that Palin
is a “dumb bitch”. I can’t say that I disagree with them
even if it is a less than polite thing to call any woman
publicly. However, anyone presuming to run for the Vice-
Presidency of the United States should be a damn sight more
world wise than she has shown herself to be thus far.

Not knowing what Hamas is is a strong sign that she should
have declined when asked to be McCain’s running mate. There
is also the current matter of her evading the question of
what newspapers and magazines she reads. I skimmed over a
transcript of Couric asking her three times and getting, “all
of them” as a reply each time. All of them? Does she even realize
just how many newspapers and magazines there are currently
published world wide? Nevermind just the ones published in the
U.S. alone.

I’m not even going to go into her remarks regarding Russia
and Putin.

I have also seen her and McCain’s, supporters slamming
Obama and Biden for their own failings. They are politicians.
There ain’t no angels in politics.

I am reminded of a question someone asked regarding her
meteoric rise from small town mayor to Governor of Alaska
to being tapped for VP. How? Most people in politics tend to
take a long road to even get close to The White House. Palin
has gone too far too fast IMHO. And looking at her answers
to Katie Couric’s questions, she needs to stay in Alaska
or run for U.S. senate and gain some much needed experience
before even considering such a thing again.

Right now,I am kind of cringing at what will happen when she
debates Biden tonight. saying it ain’t gonna pretty is putting
it mildly.

No comments: