Sunday, August 10, 2008

My version of Night Before Christmas (by Dr Roi)

he following are the lyrics to a song I wrote back in 1973.




Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the pad,
not a person was sober, including my dad.

The hash pipes were lined by the chimney with care,
in hope that no narcs, or no Feds would go there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of acid still danced in their heads.

My dad popped a Qualude and my mom dropped a Red,
and they both settled down in the ole' water bed.

When all of a sudden I heard such a clutter,
I sprang from my bed and looked down towards the gutter.

The Moon on the breast of the new fallen snow,
gave a glittering view of the narcs down below.

They sprang to the door quickly indeed,
I had just enough time to go flush the speed.

They broke down the door and came stomping inside,
I got under a lampshade and attempted to hide.

Then suddenly he came, and this lines for rhyme,
Old Santa Clause came in the saint nick of time.

He screamed, and he hollered with a terrible shout,
He rounded them up and he tossed them all out.

And when the narcs were gone, and the house again sane,
he pulled out a kilo, and an ounce of cocaine.

So now that you've heard, and I'm sure you'll agree,
that Christmas is fun when you spend it with me.


Republished with permission of the author

No comments: